Our Private Lisbon Tour with Port Wine Tasting is one of our best sellers and has been collecting great reviews in the international press. This is a premium experience that includes an intro Lisbon walking tour in the historical center and ends with a tasting of 5 excepcional Port wines, including a Vintage, with traditional Portuguese tapas. On the table you will have food and wine that you won’t find outside Portugal.
1. starts with a 2 hours walking tour in the historical center of Lisbon (Baixa, Chiado, Carmo, Bairro Alto)
2. ends with a 1h30 to 2 hours tasting in our favorite wine bar in Lisbon
6 reasons to do this Lisbon Tour + Port Wine Tasting
- all food and wine included in the price!
- a generous commented tasting with real food and real glasses (not tiny ones);
- great for slow food lovers: 100% Portuguese products, including protected designation of origin (PDO);
- each product paired perfectly by our wine specialist with 5 top Port wines;
- great value for money: you get more and better food and wines at this special price because we have partnered with the best wine bars in Lisbon to create this customized tastings;
- learn about the history of Port wine, ask questions and discover how to choose a good Port.
We have partnered with some of the best wine agents in Lisbon to create customized wine experiences. For months, we tested each one of them to offer you the most unique tastings. We are able to offer you a Vintage by the glass, an experience that you will rarely find. The result is a Lisbon Private Tour that has been featured in british newspapers “The Independent” and “Metro” and the travel magazine “Wanderlust”. The experience has conquered travel bloggers and collected nothing but 5 star reviews on TripAdvisor.
This Port Wine Tasting in Lisbon is a must for anyone that wants to discover the authentic Port wine, taste it and learn about its history. Forget the tiny glasses. This is a real tasting and with delicious Portuguese products to go with it: cheeses, chorizo, Pata Negra ham and much more.
Some of the things we hear at the end of the tour: “I am full, but so happy” (thank you Juddie), “I will move to Portugal” (still waiting for you, Mary) and “Can we stay here?” – in the bar, after the tour.
3 Q&A for this Lisbon Tour + Port Wine Tasting
- I don’t really know if I like Port. What happens if I don’t?
People that do this tour fall in love with Port. You see, there is a lot of bad Ports being exported and people get the wrong idea about this fortified wine. When they taste the real one, they really like it. We never had anyone refusing one of our Ports, but don’t worry, our tastings are done in some of the places with the best wine collections in town, so we can easily find something you like – fortified or table wines. That is the beauty of a private tour.
- Is this tour good for people with food restrictions?
Pork is a big part of the Portuguese diet. This tour includes several pork sausages and Pata Negra. A vegetarian will not be able to taste these, but we also have cheeses on the table, bread and extra virgin olive oil.
- What if I don’t drink wine?
This is a wine tasting so the wine is a big star, but we will have no problem changing the wines for natural juices, soft drinks, water, if there is someone in the group that doesn’t drink wine.
“The Port tasting and tapas were fantastic. This tour was great and highly recommended. We would like to take them with us!!”
- Minimum of 2 people for this tour. Solo travelers will have to pay 2 tickets (198€).
- Children are welcome to this tour and we will adjust the offering to them:
0-4 years old: free
5-16 years old: 30 € per child
Over 16 years old: 99 € per person
- Are you in a group of more than 10 people? Ask us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for special prices.
- Please contact us (email@example.com) for special requests